- WHEN: 8:30 p.m. ET
- WHERE: American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
- ON THE TUBE: NHL Network, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Southwest
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #GoStars, #FLAvsDAL, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Defending Big D
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 7 of 8 (4-2-0)
- LAST MEETING: @DAL 4, FLA 1 - (Recap) - 4/10/2021
- NEXT MEETING: May 3, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger (11-5-2 .930/ 2.05 2SO) vs Khudobin (9-9-5 .913 / 2.31 3SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Dallas
In six meetings, the Florida Panthers have beaten the Dallas Stars four times this season. Despite being on a three game losing streak, the Panthers have proven they are a better team than the Stars and should be able to bounce back into the win column on Tuesday night. Dallas doesn’t have a great home record. They’re only 8-6-7 and have been on the outside looking in, hoping to get into a playoff spot. They’ve struggled to score goals, only averaging 2.6 in their last 10 games and they’re generating the eighth fewest shots per game. They don’t have anyone scoring at a point per game pace and their captain Jamie Benn only has 21 points in 36 games. The Panthers are being led by Aleksander Barkov and Jonathan Huberdeau, who are both averaging more than a point per game. Florida is averaging the second most shots on goal per game and 3.14 goals per game, they should have the upper hand when it comes to offense.
In their last 10 games, the Panthers are only giving up two goals per game and are averaging a .934 SVP. They’ve been getting great performances from both goaltenders so whoever they start, it’s likely they’ll have an advantage over the Stars goaltenders. Less than two weeks ago, the Panthers were at the top of the league. If they intend on getting back there it starts with winning this game and breaking their losing streak. They’re only four points back from first place right now. Despite only playing two more games than the Stars, the Panthers have scored 22 more goals. Their goal differential is +18 which is the third best in their division and top 10 in the league.
Full preview at Pickswise
- TAMPA BAY (28-11-2 58P) at NASHVILLE (23-19-1 45P) 8 p.m.
Idle CAR (58P), CHI (45P), CLS (39P), DET (36P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets