Panthers (30-12-5 65P) vs Hurricanes (30-10-5 65P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports SUN, Bally Sports South, ESPN+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LetsGoCanes, #CARvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Canes Country
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 7 of 8 (1-3-2)
- LAST MEETING: @CAR 3, FLA 0 - (Recap) - 4/8/2021
- NEXT MEETING: April 24, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (17-7-2 .909/ 2.82 0SO) vs Nedeljkovic (11-4-2 .932/ 1.87 3SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Carolina
The Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes will begin a two-game series in Sunrise when they meet on Thursday. On one hand this is a rivalry between the top two teams in the Central Division, but on the other hand the Panthers wish this was a rivalry. They have lost a ridiculous five games in a row in the head-to-head series since last beating Carolina on Feb. 18. The Hurricanes’ three most recent wins have all come in regulation by a combined margin of 12-4. With goalie Petr Mrazek back from injury, the ‘Canes really have to like their chances of sustaining success in this matchup. Mrazek is 5-1-2 with a 1.60 goals-against average and .939 save percentage this season. He is 1-0-0 with a 2.00 GAA and .944 SVP against the Panthers. Florida is dealing with injury issues, too. Defenseman Aaron Ekblad is out for the season, forward Mason Marchment is doubtful for Thursday, and forward Carter Verhaeghe (third on the team with 35 points) is definitely out. Carolina is 18-8 in its last 26 overall, 8-3 in its last 11 on the road, 9-1 in its last 10 against opponents with winning records, and 5-0 in its last five at Florida. The Panthers are 1-7 in their last eight against opponents with winning percentages over .600 and 3-13 in the last 16 encounters between the two teams.
Full preview at Pickswise
- COLUMBUS (15-24-9 39P) at TAMPA BAY (30-14-2 62P) 7 p.m.
- DALLAS (19-14-12 50P) at DETROIT (16-25-7 39P) 7;30 p.m.
Idle: NSH (52P), CHI (49P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets