Panthers (31-13-5 67P) at Predators (26-21-2 54P)
- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida+, Bally Sports South
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Preds, FLAvsNSH, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: On The Forecheck
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 7 of 8 (4-1-1)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 2, NSH 0 - (Recap) - 3/20/2021
- NEXT MEETING: April 27, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger (13-5-3 .924/ 2.13 2SO) vs Saros (17-9-1 .926/ 2.27 2SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Nashville
Four victories in their last five outings take the Florida Panthers (2nd in Central Division) to a road contest against the Nashville Predators (4th in Central), who are currently riding a three-game point streak with two wins.
The Florida Panthers (31-13-5) registered their fourth win in the last five outings (4-1-0) after earning a split of their two-game home set against the Carolina Hurricanes, following up Thursday’s 4-2 defeat with a 4-3 overtime triumph at BB&T Center on Saturday. Aleksander Barkov (22 goals, 49 points this year) bagged the winner 24 seconds into the extra session after the Cats rallied with two consecutive third-period snipes in a span of 1:32 to erase Carolina’s 3-1 lead. Gustav Forsling (4 goals, 12 points) cut it to 3-2. Alex Wennberg (12 goals, 22 points) equalized at 3-3 with a shorty, while MacKenzie Weegar (4 goals, 29 points), who assisted on all three aforementioned markers, tied the game at 1-1 at the end of the first frame.
The current point streak of the Nashville Predators (26-21-2) extended to a trio of outings after the team finished its three-game set against the Chicago Blackhawks with a 2-0-1 total following a 3-1 win at United Center on Friday. Having beaten the ‘Hawks 5-2 in Nashville on Monday and lost 5-4 in overtime in Chi-Town two days later, the Preds netted twice in the second period in the third fixture, adding another marker at the end of the final third before Chicago got a goal back with 3:19 remaining. Ryan Johansen (5 goals, 18 points this year), Luke Kunin (7 goals, 16 points) and Erik Haula (6 goals, 16 points) all scored for Nashville, which finished its season series against the Blackhawks with a 7-0-1 total.
Full Preview at Winners & Whiners
Monday in the Central (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- CAROLINA (31-10-6 68P) at DALLAS (20-15-12 52P) 7:30 p.m.
Idle: TBL (66P), CHI (49P), DET (42P), CLS (40P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets