Panthers (33-14-5 71P) vs Blackhawks (22-22-6 50P)
- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: United Center, Chicago, IL
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida, NBCSCH+
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 Fox Sports (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Blackhawks, #FLAvsCHI, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Second City Hockey
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 8 of 8 (5-2-0)
- LAST MEETING: FLA 4, @CHI 3 (OT) (Recap) - 4/29/2021
- NEXT MEETING: Playoffs or 2021-22 regular season
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (17-8-2 .905 / 2.94 0SO) vs Lankinen (16-13-5 .909/ 2.97 2SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Chicago
The Florida Panthers still have a chance at top seed in the Central Division, while the Chicago Blackhawks have been all but eliminated from the playoff picture this season. On Thursday night the Panthers beat the Blackhawks in overtime for their third win in their last four games. Over that stretch the Panthers have scored an average of 4 goals per game with over 42 shots per game. Florida has figured something out on their power play, as they sit at 26.7 percent over those four games an Aleksander Barkov has six points in his last five games, three of them on the powerplay. The Panthers played their back up Chris Driedger in net Thursday but on Saturday Chicago will have to face Sergei Bobrovsky, who has a 2.94 goals-against average and .905 save percentage this season. The Panthers have beat Chicago in five of their seven matchups this season and Saturday will be the final time they play.
Chicago knows their season is coming to a close and it has shown in their play of late losing three in a row and four of their last five. Patrick Kane has one goal in his last 10 games as his season went from a possible Hart Trophy candidate to not being able to hit the 20 goal mark. Florida is a confident team right now and will want to ride the hot wave right into the playoffs.
Full preview at Pickswise
- TAMPA BAY (34-14-2 70P) at DETROIT (17-25-9 43P) 3 p.m.
- COLUMBUS (16-25-10 42P) at CAROLINA (33-10-7 73P) 7 p.m.
- DALLAS (21-17-12 54P) at NASHVILLE (27-22-2 56P) 8 p.m. ESPN+
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets