- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: CNBC, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports SUN
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #GoBolts, #TBLvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Raw Charge
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of Best-of-7 (Lightning leads 1-0)
- LAST MEETING: TBL 5, @FLA 4 - (Recap) - 5/16/2021
- NEXT MEETING: May 20, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Driedger vs Vasilevskiy (1-0 .897/ 4.03 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Tampa Bay
For anyone who missed the first game of this series, do yourself a favor and tune into this one. Game 1 between the Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers was one of the best hockey games in recent memory. It had the hatred and hitting of the ’80s (90 total hits), the goal-scoring of the ’90s (nine goals), and the speed and skill of the modern game. There was a total of 79 shots and seven powerplays–both teams were flying. If Game 2 is anything like the first, this is must-watch TV. For the first time ever, the inner-state rivalry between the Panthers and Lightning is alive and the hatred runs deep, as fans, all we can hope for is a Game 7 between these two.
We’re rolling with the Panthers in this one; they provide good odds and these teams have proven how even they match up with each other. The Lightning went 3-for-4 on the powerplay in Game One, if the Panthers can avoid taking penalties or improve their penalty killing, they should be poised to win the second game of the series. They were leading 4-3 with only seven minutes left in the game before Sam Bennett took a terrible boarding penalty (he meets with the department of player safety Monday). That mistake dramatically turned the tide in Tampa Bay’s favor. Should the Panthers be able to keep their emotions in check, they should bounce back.
If the Panthers’ forwards can have another solid game, they will have a very good chance at a victory. In their last 10 games Florida is 8-2-0 and are averaging 7.5 assists per game. The Lightning are 6-3-1 during that stretch only averaging 3.7 assists. Florida’s depth scoring is extremely impressive and with 7.5 assists a game, it’s evident everyone is contributing.
Full preview at Pickswise
- Game 2: NEW YORK ISLANDERS at PITTSBURGH 7:30 p.m. NBCSN (Islanders lead 1-0)
- Game 2: MINNESOTA at VEGAS 10 p.m. NBCSN (Wild lead 1-0)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets