It doesn’t get any bigger than this - regular season edition. The Florida Panthers (27-24-6) will try to pull even in points with a regulation time victory over the Washington Capitals (28-22-6) tonight at Capital One Arena. The Cats are coming off a split of a road back-to-back earlier this week, winning in Minnesota before getting tub-thumped in St. Louis. Washington is 4-6-1 in its last ten and has dropped consecutive games to lowly San Jose and division-leading Carolina. They will be without Alex Ovechkin again. Florida won the first match between the two teams by a 5-2 count at FLA Live Arena back in mid-November.
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: Capital One Arena, Washington, DC
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida, NBCSWA
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 1230 The Gambler (PB), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #TimeToHunt, #ALLCAPS, #FLAvsWSH, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Japers’ Rink
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 3 (1-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 5, WSH 2 - (Recap) 11/15/2022
- NEXT MEETING: April 8, 2023
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Sergei Bobrovsky (15-14-2 .905/3.05 1SO) vs Darcy Kuemper (16-15-4 .915/2.59 5SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Washington
Thursday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- MONTREAL (23-27-4 50P) at Carolina (35-10-8 78P) 7 p.m.
- BOSTON (40-8-5 85P) at Nashville (25-20-6 56P) 8 p.m.
- DETROIT (25-20-8 58P) at Calgary (25-18-11 61P) 9 p.m.
Idle: TOR (74P), TBL (73P), BUF (58P), OTT (55P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets