After roaring out of the All-Star Break with an impressive 7-1 rout of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Florida Panthers (25-22-6) will try to finally land that elusive three-game winning streak when they host the San Jose Sharks (16-25-11) at FLA Live Arena. A victory tonight would put the Cats four games over NHL .500 for the first time this season as well. Like the Panthers, the draft lottery-bound Sharks are coming off a victory over the Bolts, upsetting the defending Eastern Conference champs by a 4-3 count thanks to Timo Meier’s overtime goal. The two teams met earlier this season in San Jose with the Cats pulling out a 4-3 shootout win. Florida can’t afford to take the Sharks lightly and slip in this game. Two points are on the line and they need to reel them both in.
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: FLA Live Arena - Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida, NBCSCA
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 1230 The Gambler (PB), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #TimeToHunt, #SJSharks, #SJSvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Fear The Fin
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 2 (1-0-0)
- LAST MEETING: FLA 4, SJS 3 (SO) - (Recap) 11/3/2022
- NEXT MEETING: That’s all folks!
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Sergei Bobrovsky (13-13-2 .900/3.17 1SO) vs Kaapo Kahkonen (7-9-4 .874/3.84 1SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / San Jose
Thursday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- Colorado (27-18-4 58P) at TAMPA BAY (32-16-2 66P) 7 p.m. (ESPN)
- Calgary (24-17-10 58P) at DETROIT (21-20-8 50P) 7 p.m.
Idle: BOS (83P), TOR (70P), BUF (56P), OTT (51P), MTL (44P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets