LBC GameDay Caterwaul: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers
Star Wars Night looms like a shadow over everything in Sunrise
Sabres (12-11-7 31P) at Panthers (14-13-5 33P)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 6ish
- WHERE: BB&T Center - Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, MSG-B
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- GOODIES: Star Wars Night! (details)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Sabres, #BUFvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Die By The Blade
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 2 of 4 (0-1-0)
- ALL-TIME vs BUF (RS): 38W-40L-4T 5OTL 2SOL 220GF 250GA
- ALL-TIME at FLA (RS): 21W-18L-1T 1OTL 2SOL 116GF 120GA
- LAST FIVE vs BUF (RS): 3-2-0 17GF 13GA
- LAST MEETING: Host BUF 3, FLA 0 (Todd’s Recap) - 10/29/2016
- NEXT MEETING: Monday March 27, 2017
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (10-9-3 .918/2.41 0SO), Lehner (7-9-4 .920/2.45 0SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs BUF (RS): 88GP 46G-58A 104P +22 4GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Buffalo/
Not much has gone right so far this season for the reigning Atlantic Division champions, the Florida Panthers.
But the Panthers (14-13-5) do lead the league in one category at least - most road games played (19).
Florida finally returns home after playing 13 of its past 17 games on the road to host the Buffalo Sabres (12-11-7) on Tuesday.
Now, though, the trend goes the other way. The Panthers will play eight of their next nine games at home.
Will being at home matter?
The Panthers are 8-5-0 at home and 6-8-5 on the road. So, yes, maybe that extra bit of success at home can get Florida back in playoff position.
After all, the Panthers reside just four points behind the Boston Bruins for third place in the Atlantic, which would be good enough for a playoff berth. (More via Yahoo! Sports/AP)
Last game for the Cats: 3-1 victory in Denver on Saturday. Past five: 2-2-1 (streak: 1W)
Last game for the Sabs: 2-1 (SO) loss at Carolina Saturday. Past five: 3-1-1 (streak: 1L)
Tuesday in the Atlantic Division (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- NY Islanders (11-14-6 28P) at BOSTON (17-13-3 37P), 7:00
- Anaheim (17-11-5 39P) at MONTREAL (20-7-4 44P), 7:30
- DETROIT (14-14-4 32P) at TAMPA BAY (15-14-3 33P), 7:30
- OTTAWA (18-11-3 39P) at Chicago (22-8-4 48P), 8:30
- Idle: TOR (31P)/
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats