Caterwaul: Panthers at Canadiens; next Florida cuts today?
It's the usual story going into this evening's game from Montreal; we'll post up links to chats/radio sources around the 7:30pm start time, so do check back.
- Canadiens to play Carey Price. Montreal's most recent enigma gets another shot at preseason redemption. Normally ever-stoic Jacques Martin's psyche has to be swinging toward emotion - of some kind - if Price is unable to improve upon a frightful 10 goals allowed on 37 shots. Alex Auld, anyone?
- Habs Eyes On The Prize losing a groundbreaker: Our sister-site covering all things Canadiens will be parting ways with founder Robert L. today, so pop over and wish a fond farewell to one of the true masters of the blogging form. Ironically, LBC and EOTP launched on the same day in 2008, and who are the Cats playing tonight?
- All your baguettes are belong to us: The Panthers have signed on with a bagel vendor to provide expanded food services at BankAtlantic Center and Coral Springs' Saveology IcePlex. This is what's considered news when your team doesn't include a Carey Price.
- Evidently there is ice worse than that of the NHL's sunbelt clubs.
- Tomas Vokoun is expected to start for the Cats, backed up by Jacob Markstrom. The entire first line returns (David Booth, Stephen Weiss, Michael Frolik).
- The next round of cuts from the Panthers' camp are likely to be announced at some point today (based upon a couple of the above links, can you tell we're anxious?). D Erik Gudbranson - existing veteran contracts be damned - is increasing his value on a nightly basis. Who are your candidates - at this stage - for reassignment?
See ya tonight.
UPDATE (1:45p): Let's Go Amerks! is reporting the following via Twitter:
Bill Thomas and Triston Grant put on waivers by Florida to be sent to the #amerks