Florida Panthers announce changes to hockey operations staff
Scott Luce replaces Brian Skrudland as Director of Player Personnel
The Florida Panthers announced some changes to its hockey operations staff yesterday, highlighted by long-time Director of Scouting Scott Luce being promoted to Director of Player Personnel. Luce, who has been with the club for 13 years replaces former Cat player Brian Skrudland,whose contract was not renewed.
General Manager Dale Tallon had this to say:
Scott has done a tremendous job leading and preparing our scouting staff for the last several seasons," Panthers’ GM Dale Tallon said in a statement. "He possesses a wealth of hockey knowledge and is most deserving of this promotion. He will continue to oversee our scouting staff and will work closely with Director of Hockey Operations Mike Dixon and Portland Pirates General Manager Eric Joyce on all day-to-day hockey operations matters.
The other changes to the staff are as far follows:
- Billy Ryan named amateur scout.
- Pierre Groulx named goalie development coach/scout, who will work under the direction of Panthers Goaltending Coach Robb Tallas.
- Equipment Assistant Brian Godin named Portland Pirates Head Equipment Manager.
- Dakota King named Panthers Equipment Assistant.
- Steve Squier named Panthers Massage Therapist.
- Travel Coordinator Stiles Burr named Portland Pirates Video/Travel Coordinator./