GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers at Dallas Stars
Cats try to stop the bleeding in first game in Big D
Panthers (20-9-4 44P) at Stars (11-11-8 30P)
- WHEN: 8:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Southwest
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #GoStars, #FLAvsDAL, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Defending Big D
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 4 of 8 (2-1-0)
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 3, DAL 2 - (Recap) - 2/25/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 28, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (12-5-2 .902/ 2.92 0SO) vs Khudobin (6-9-2 .910 / 2.46 3SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Dallas/
The Florida Panthers will play the Dallas Stars for the fourth time this season on Saturday and they currently own the season series at 2-1. The Panthers are a great road team at 10-5-1 away from Florida this season but have lost their last three games after a hot streak where they won five of six. The Panthers need to right the ship to stay in the playoff race and this is a perfect spot against the Stars. Florida has been a scoring machine most of the season with a 3.21 goals for average and 34.9 shots per game. Jonathan Huberdeau has become one of the elite players in the NHL with 36 points this season, including 16 on the power play. The Panthers have a great power play at 24.5% which is led by their star defenseman Aaron Ekblad who has six power-play goals this season. Florida has slipped in the Central Division standings but know they can still catch Carolina and Tampa Bay if they beat the teams at the bottom like the Stars.
Dallas has lost two of their last three games and has become a big disappointment after their Stanley Cup run from 2020. However, they have been hammered by the injury bug since day one and now that Alexander Radulov is out long term they might be looking to sell at the deadline. Dallas is only averaging 2.30 goals for per game and will have Anton Khudobin in net who is having issues over his last four starts with a .883 save percentage and 2.42 GAA. Florida will want these two points more than the Stars.
Full preview at Pickswise
Saturday in the Central (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- COLUMBUS (13-13-8 34P) at DETROIT (10-20-4 24P) 3 p.m.
- TAMPA BAY (24-7-2 50P) at CAROLINA (22-7-3 47P) 7 p.m. ESPN+
- NASHVILLE (16-17-1 33P) at CHICAGO (16-13-5 37P) 8 p.m./
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats