Monday Caterwaul: Panthers Open Forum
Only one player remaining in NHL postseason action has a better home faceoff winning percentage than that of Marcel Goc's 64.9 (48-for-74): Philadelphia's Danny Briere leads all active participants at 67.4%.
- (8) Los Angeles defeated (2) St. Louis 3-1, win second-round series in 4-0 sweep. Dustin Brown scored a pair as Jonathan Quick stopped 23 shots, improved to 8-1 in postseason play. Local reaction via Jewels From The Crown and Game Time
- (6) New Jersey over (5) Philadelphia 4-2: two late-period goals in second and third frames by Dainius Zubrus enough to quell Flyers, who didn't appear all that involved; Devils lead series 3-1. More from In Lou We Trust and Broad Street Hockey./
Tonight's NHL Playoff Action
- (7) Washington at (1) NY Rangers, 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN):The Caps' leading scorer? None other than Jason Chimera (2G/1A), of course. Teams each have 2 victories.
- (4) Nashville at (3) Phoenix, 10 p.m. (NBCSN): Yotes can book their Conference Final ticket with a win at home, though they'll have to do it without Rostislav Klesla (suspension/boarding).
On the Farm
- The San Antonio Rampage (1-1) host Game Three of their AHL Calder Cup second-round series vs Oklahoma City this evening at 8 ET; MySA.com has a quick preview here./
Panthers in the WHC
- Slovakia (Tomas Kopecky) dropped a 1-0 heartbreaker to Finland while Germany (Goc) fell to Latvia, 3-2, in World Championship play. Full results and schedule here.
Prospect Knight Honored
- Florida prospect/Fighting Sioux junior forward Corban Knight (Rd5/2009) has been named as UND's Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship Award winner for the 2011-12 season. This honor celebrates "the player who demonstrates leadership qualities, high academic standards, and athletic excellence". Bravo, sir. Complete list of North Dakota's team awards here./