On the Prowl: Week of 5/12
Playoffs, the start of free agency discussions, captains moving out of Ontario, and Aaron Ekblad.
- Could the Boston Bruins end up being their own worst enemy in their series against the Montreal Canadians?
- Clutch players step up their game come playoff time. Who's shown they have the "clutch" gene this postseason?
- P.K. Subban draws attention to him wherever he goes. Has he been the most entertaining player to watch this postseason?
- Momentum can make or break a series, especially in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. What teams need to find ways to regain momentum if they want to advance?
- The Shea Weber trade rumors seem to have taken a blow with the announcement of Ron Hextall as the new Philadelphia Flyers GM. (not that they were ever a thing...)
- Restricted free agents who get offer sheets may jump ship or force their teams to sign contracts that the organizations may not like. Which restricted free agents are most likely to receive offer sheets this offseason?
- The Blue Jackets may have found the next face of their franchise in Ryan Johansen. Now they have to come up with a way to sign him.
- Will Dion Phaneuf and Jason Spezza remain on the teams they currently captain? Trade rumors seem to be hinting otherwise.
AROUND THE LEAGUE
- For the statistics buffs out there, how much does zone start percentage and faceoffs percentage relate to overall Corsi?
- On a personal note, this pretty much sums up how I feel about thuggery in the NHL. /
- Though it may seem otherwise, Aaron Ekblad should be a member of the Panthers after the 2014 NHL Draft.
- The Panthers have 30 million dollars in cap space this offseason. What exactly can they do with all that money?