Monday Caterwaul: Florida Panthers Open Forum
Knights are Golden, advance to Stanley Cup final
Ryan Reaves deflected Luca Sbisa’s shot from the point past Connor Hellebuyck with 6:39 left in the second period to lift the Vegas Golden Knights to a 2-1 win over the Winnipeg Jets. Marc-Andre Fleury made 31 saves to make the tenuous lead stand up, sending the expansion team to the Stanley Cup final. Unbelievable!
- More from Knights On Ice and Arctic Ice Hockey/
Highlights (courtesy of NHL.com)
Tampa Bay at Washington 8 p.m. NBCSN (Lightning lead series 3-2)
- Pregame at Raw Charge and Japers’ Rink /
Who will win tonight?
2018 IIHF World Championship
Bronze: United States 4, Canada 1
- Nick Bonino scored the go-ahead early in the third period and Andres Lee and Chris Kreider added empty-netters to give the United States a 4-1 win over Canada.
- Aaron Ekblad had one shot on goal and finished with a -1 rating in 21:03 TOI. Ekblad took a tripping minor in the third period./
Gold: Sweden 3, Switzerland 2 (SO)
- Filip Forsberg scored the only goal in the shootout and Anders Nilsson made 25 stops to give Sweden the gold medal while the surprising Swiss team took silver./