GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres
New start or fluke? Cats take vibes from 7-0 victory over Blackhawks into Buffalo
Panthers (33-30-11 77P) vs Sabres (31-32-12 74P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 6:30ish
- WHERE: KeyBank Center - Buffalo, NY
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, MSG-Buffalo
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #BuffaloSabres, #FLAvsBUF, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Die By The Blade
- SB NATION: Game Feature Hub
- BACK-TO-BACK? (FLA/BUF): Front/Front
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 3 of 4 (1-1-0)
- ALL-TIME vs BUF (RS): 39W-40L-4T 5OTL 2SOL 224GF 253GA
- ALL-TIME at BUF (RS): 17W-22L-3T 4OTL 0SOL 104GF 130GA
- LAST FIVE vs BUF (RS): 3-2-0 18GF 14GA
- LAST MEETING: Host FLA 4 - BUF 3 (SO) - (Todd’s Recap) - 12/20/2016
- NEXT MEETING (RS): Saturday April 8 in Sunrise
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Reimer 16-14-5 2.51/.919 1SO) vs Lehner (21-22-8 2.61/.922 2SO)
- TALE OF THE TAPE via Left Wing Lock
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Buffalo/
Scouting Report: The playoffs may be out of reach for the Buffalo Sabres and Florida Panthers, but neither team has thrown in the towel on the season yet.
Fresh off one of each team's best wins of the season, the two sides will square off on Monday night at KeyBank Center.
The Sabres (31-32-12) are coming off a 5-2 home win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday that was a spoiler game for a variety of reasons.
With thousands of Toronto fans in attendance, the Sabres took control in the second period on their way to a dominant performance. And the Sabres presented a minor roadblock for the Maple Leafs' playoff push as their rivals compete for one of the final spots in the Eastern Conference.
The Panthers (33-30-11), meanwhile, are coming off a shocking 7-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday. Jonathan Huberdeau had a goal and three assists and Jonathan Marchessault had a hat trick in the victory.
"When we play the right way, keep things simple and use our legs, that's exactly what we're capable of doing," Panthers coach Tom Rowe said, according to the team's website. "We talked about this kind of being a big game for us to kind of judge where we are and what we can do." (More via AP)
Last action from the Cats: Just another vicious 7-0 pasting of a visitor at home Saturday. Past five: 3-2-0 (streak: 2W)
Last action from the Sabs: 5-2 victory over Toronto Saturday. Past five: 3-2-0 (streak: 1W)
Monday in the Atlantic (Standings/Scores/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- DETROIT (30-32-12 72P) at Carolina (33-27-13 79P), 7:00
- Chicago (48-21-6 102P) at TAMPA BAY (36-29-9 81P), 7:00 NBCSN
- IDLE: MON (93P), OTT (90P), TOR (85P), BOS (84P)/
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats