GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers vs Nashville Predators
Cats try to make it five in a row tonight
Panthers (19-5-4 42P) at Predators (12-16-1 25P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, Fox Sports Tennessee
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #Preds, NSHvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: On The Forecheck
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 5 of 8 (3-0-1)
- LAST MEETING: FLA 6, @NSH 2 - (Recap) - 3/6/2021
- NEXT MEETING: March 20, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (12-2-2 .905/ 2.95 0SO) vs Saros (5-5-0 .895/ 3.10 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Nashville/
The Florida Panthers are entering Thursday on a four-game winning streak that has them tied for first place in the Central Division. They have a great opportunity on Thursday night to break that tie, as they welcome one of the worst teams in the division. The Panthers have won three out of their four meetings with the Nashville Predators this season, with their only loss coming in overtime. Heading into the season Florida had the fifth best odds to win the Central Division, but it has quickly become one of the top teams in not only the division but also in the entire league. They have one of the best centers in the NHL in Aleksander Barkov, who leads the Panthers in points. It was Barkov who broke the tie with a goal in the third period in their 6-3 win over Chicago on Monday night. The Panthers are hot right now and shouldn’t have any problem with the Predators in this one.
Nashville is coming off of a surprising 4-1 win over Tampa Bay for only its fifth road win of the season. This season has been a major disappointment for the Predators and as the trade deadline draws near, it becomes more evident that they’re likely to be sellers. There are already rumors swirling about trade interest in defenseman Mattias Ekholm, who ranks fifth in points on the team. This game features arguably the two biggest surprises in the Central Division, and for opposite reasons.
Thursday in the Central (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- COLUMBUS (11-12-7 29P) at CAROLINA (20-7-1 41P) 7 p.m.
- CHICAGO (14-11-5 33P) at TAMPA BAY (20-6-2 42P) 7 p.m. ESPN+
- DALLAS (9-9-7 25P) at DETROIT (9-17-4 22P) 7:30 p.m/
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats