Game Day: Bruins at Panthers, 7:00
In a candid shot outside the BankAtlantic Center in 2005, former Panther Gary Roberts (left) takes offense to an off-color comment by actor Adam Sandler, in Sunrise on a promotional tour.
Who predicted the B's would possibly be this good (38 Pts, 1st in the Wales), this fast? I certainly didn't. Heck, I had 'em hanging somewhere around 8-10 in the conference through the season. An amazing about-face for a market that needs it's hockey club, long left behind by their local football, basketball, and baseball, to catch fire with the Boston sports scene. I hated these guys in the early 90s. Badly. But I'm thrilled the fans have something to cheer for again. The league needs the Original Six franchises healthy. And South Florida.
The Cats lead the all-time series 27-22-6.
LITTER BOX LINERS
- Miami Herald: Olesz groin injury. Andy in net tonight despite approved absence from yesterday's practice.
- Sun-Sentinel: Campbell a cop? Surprising second periods.
- Boston Herald: Bruins looking to sweep in FLA.
- Boston Globe: Game day info.
- Yahoo! Sports: Game day preview.
- NHL.com: AP Preview.
- The Sports Network: Goaltending duel.
Be sure to check out The Hockey Blogging Adventure, a terrific Bruins blog run by our friend Cornelius.