NHL Awards 2016: All you need to know
Panthers' Jagr, Barkov and Gallant are up for major awards
The Florida Panthers have three chances to win at the NHL Awards tonight in Las Vegas. jaromir Jagr is one of three finalist for the Masterton trophy, Aleksander Barkov is up for the Lady Byng, and coach Gerard Gallant will vie with Lindy Ruff and Barry Trotz for the Jack Adams Award.
How to watch the 2016 NHL Awards
7:00PM ET | Wednesday, June 22
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas
American TV: NBCSN | Canadian TV: Sportsnet
2016 NHL Awards Finalists
- Hart Trophy (League MVP):Patrick Kane,Jamie Benn,Sidney Crosby.
- Norris Trophy (Top Defenseman):Erik Karlsson,Drew Doughty,Brent Burns.
- Vezina Trophy (Top Goaltender):Braden Holtby,Ben Bishop,Jonathan Quick.
- Calder Trophy (Top Rookie):Artemi Panarin,Connor McDavid,Shayne Gostisbehere.
- Selke Trophy (Best Defensive Forward):Anze Kopitar,Patrice Bergeron,Ryan Kesler.
- Lady Byng Trophy (Most Gentlemanly Player): Aleksander Barkov,Loui Eriksson, Anze Kopitar
- Masterton Trophy (Dedication/Perseverance): Jaromir Jagr,Mats Zuccarello,Pascal Dupuis.
- NHL Foundation Award (Community Service): Matt Martin,P.K. Subban,Mark Giordano.
- Mark Messier Leadership Award: Alex Ovechkin,Shea Weber,John Tavares.
- Ted Lindsay Award (MVP as voted by the players): Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Braden Holtby.
- Jack Adams Award (Best Coach): Gerard Gallant, Lindy Ruff, Barry Trotz.
- General Manager of the Year: Jim Rutherford, Brian MacLellan, Jim Nill.
2016 NHL Awards Odds (via Bovada)
- Hart: Patrick Kane (1/10), Jamie Benn (7/1), Sidney Crosby (7/1)
- Norris: Erik Karlsson(5/8), Drew Doughty (2/1), Brent Burns (4/1)
- Vezina: Braden Holtby (1/30), Ben Bishop (7/1), Jonathan Quick (15/1)
- Calder: Artemi Panarin(4/15), Connor McDavid (3/1), Shayne Gostisbehere (8/1)
- Selke: Anze Kopitar (10/11), Patrice Bergeron (1/1), Ryan Kesler (6/1)
- Lady Byng: Anze Kopitar (1/2), Aleksander Barkov (3/1), Loui Eriksson (10/3)
- Jack Adams: Gerard Gallant (5/6), Barry Trotz (1/1), Lindy Ruff (8/1)
How will the Panthers fare?
I think there is a good chance one of their three nominees walk away with an award. I don't see Barkov having much of a shot against Kopitar for the Byng, but very solid cases could be made for Jagr and/or Gallant bringing home hardware.