On the Prowl: Panthers Sunday Links & Open Thread
Welcome to On the Prowl, a collection of links from the LBC staff published each Wednesday and Sunday to stories pertaining to the Florida Panthers, their affiliates, and the National Hockey League. Have at it after the jump...
- We want you...to join in the festivities on October 15th - aka Panthers 2011-12 Home Opener vs the Lightning - as we hunker down and get a bit crazy in our very own Luxury Box at the BankAtlantic Center. Details galore right here.
- If you didn't see it Saturday, we're looking for a few good logos.
Panthers News & Analysis
One new Panther makes the (controversial) list of the NHL's top left wings. Puck Daddy
- Has newcomer Kris Versteeg finally landed in the perfect situation? NHL Hot Stove
- Recent (July 26th) audio from 2010 first-rounder Quinton Howden. The Pipeline Show
- A very Happy Birthday to prospect Adam Comrie. Amerks/YouTube
- Forward Stephen Weiss has special plans on August 18th. YorkRegion.com
- San Antonio presents Part 2 of "Meet Chuck Weber". Rampage
- Three-time Cyclone Dustin Sproat retires en route to grad school. Princeton
The NHL and Beyond
- The current situation as the New York Islanders plead for a new stadium. Connecticut Post
- More from our Atlantic Division cousins on the Nassau Arena vote (and click around; lots to see on this very important topic). Lighthouse Hockey
- And yet more on the Isles' fate. RLD
- Okay...one final link. NBC
- A number of big name UFAs (and former Panthers) are still on the market with nowhere to go. Toronto Star
- Sunrise isn't the only captainless NHL locale. In Lou We Trust
- Speaking of unwanted UFAs, Alex Kovalev has signed in the KHL. Ottawa Sun
- The ups-and-downs of former Cat Dan Boyle's choices in music. Battle of Cali
Former Cup winner Brent Sopel has also jumped ship for Russia. TSN
- Some sweater numbers have a bit more emotional value than others. SI
- Rusty Olesz riding a line with a pair of Pats? Could happen. Second City Hockey
- Creative marketing? In Florida? Raw Charge
- In what may be the most unexpected link of the day, hockey rinks are in great demand in "non-traditional markets" IIHF
- Coming Monday: the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame's Class of 2011. USHHOF
- The Kings are turning up the heat on Oilers over Colin Fraser - Ryan Smyth trade debacle. Yahoo!
- For the fantasy-set...bargain right wings. Dobber
- Avalanche finally succumbing to the temptations of the New Media? Mile High Hockey
- A great look at league parity and the salary cap. VFMS
As always, previously archived editions of On The Prowl can be found here.