Panthers bid adieu to Skrastins, defense now at AHL standards; Links-of-Wonder
- Well, that's been settled: defenceman Karlis Skrastins has been signed by Dallas. That Koistinen deal's looking golden, eh? (sarcasm.)
- New Rochester vice president Ted Nolan wants to return passion and competitiveness to the Amerks. Rory Fitzpatrick wasn't enough?
- Dater has a nice piece on new Av Craig Anderson, who's certainly saying all the right things about his new team:/
"It's a dream come true. It was the place I wanted to be, a city I've always loved. I think it's a great opportunity for me, and I want to be part of the solution bringing the team back."
- PuckStopsHere asks: Is this any way to run a franchise?
It is an unforgivable mistake that the Florida Panthers have entered the free agent signing period without a GM in place. That cannot help the team at all. It will probably prevent them from having a very productive off-season.
- From the Kurtenblog's UFA Day open thread:
1:07 p.m. - We interrupt this live blog to bring you coverage of Jay Bouwmeester's introductory press conference in Calgary. Bouwmeester poses with his new jersey. Bouwmeester puts on his new jersey. Bouwmeester answers questions in a remarkably monotone and uninterested voice. No wonder the Sutters love this guy.
- Not much love for the Cats - organizationally speaking - in an ESPN fan poll.
- A local quickie on the new Panthers goaltender:
(Scott) Clemmensen...has 68 NHL games to his credit for Jersey and Toronto, 40 of them coming last season when he filled in for injured Martin Brodeur and led the Devs to first place. His reward was being dumped to AHL Lowell by Hall of Fame inductee Lou Lamoriello.
Taking a break for a bit. Anything more pops up, behold the comments section.