Panthers defeat Islanders, feel good about themselves
With their latest win, the Cats continue setting the conference pace for Pittsburgh, Carolina, and (based on games-in-hand) Buffalo.
|Final - 2.5.2009||1||2||3||Total|
|New York Islanders||0||2||0||2|
At least THAT monkey is off of their collective back. The Panthers evened out the series with New York at two wins apiece, closing - mercifully - another chapter on the year. Bouwmeester, Skrastins, and Zeds (MAMMOTH goal - see below) scored for host Florida, while flu-symptom-recovering-titan Tomas Vokoun closed the door on 20 shots for the win. The Islanders' four-game winning streak was broken in the process. Good writin' eh?
Thanks to Robert S. for submitting this example of Zednik awesomeness.
"That was a great move by him. Not too many players can do that in this league. He did, and he executed pretty well."
- Isles goaltender Joey MacDonald, on King Richard's stunning goal
It's multimedia day at The Box! DolPhanDave spends a way-excellent minute with Florida's Cory Stillman following Thursday's victory.
LITTER BOX LINERS
- Miami Herald: Zed's goal lifts Panthers, Cats showing more confidence, Blog: Zednik heating up
- Sun-Sentinel: Zednik play jumps out, Newcomers help put losing ways behind
- Palm Beach Post: Powerful back line sparks Panthers
- New York Post: AP story...don't bother
- Newsday: Win streak snapped
- New York Times: I thought The Times shaped what the AP reported. And yet, another AP retread. Get it together, Pinch...and let's see your SAT scores while we're at it...
- AP via NHL.com: game recap/stats/video
- Panthers website
- Islanders website
Jay says "Thanks! It was a kewl goal!"
FROM THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Cat Scratch (FLA)
- Panthers on the Prowl (FLA)
- Lighthouse Hockey (NYI) an SBNation blog
- Islanders Point Blank (NYI)
- The Drive for Five (NYI)
- Islanders Army (NYI)
- On the Islanders Beat (NYI)
Today's Divisionally Speaking, and preparing for the lowly Capitals.