Panthers prevail in come-from-behind OT thriller over Leafs, 5-4
Feel the warmth.
|Final - 2.10.2009||1||2||3||OT||Total|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||1||2||1||0||4|
They showed up.
It took two and a half periods, but they finally showed up. The Cats destroyed a 4-1 deficit, clawing their way into contention with barely 10 minutes remaining in regulation, with Richard Zednik (2 goals, one of the NHL's three stars of the night)sealing the deal in overtime. What a story.
Do yourself a solid and watch the game video. Rather dramatic in that the Cats were without a pulse going into the third. Whatever was said in The Room during the second intermission must have rivaled Rockne.
Anyway, T-Vo was solid and even Brett McLean and Nathan Horton (!) got into the scoring act. CLG_74, who attended the game, said the crowd was rockin'. I'll be there on Friday for the circus that is the New York Rangers.
Had a blast hanging with the folks from Pension Plan Puppets, and big thanks to them for allowing me to host the second period. A great thread.
"I don't want to go back and think about what could happen, what happened and stuff like that. I'm glad I'm here and I still can enjoy hockey."
- Florida's Richard Zednik
LITTER BOX LINERS
- Miami Herald: Zednik scores winner in OT, More Zeds
- Sun-Sentinel: Pair of big comebacks, Zeds puts injury in the past
- Globe & Mail: Who'll be first to wheel and deal?
- Toronto Sun: Leafs crash and burn, Leafs' knives are out
- National Post: Leafs squander early lead
- USA Today: Zednik still skating
- AP via NHL.com: game recap/video/stats
- Panthers website
- Maple Leafs website
- Mirtle's Playoff Push
- Puck Daddy: Happy anniversary, Richard
FROM THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Cat Scratch (FLA)
- Panthers on the Prowl (FLA)
- Pension Plan Puppets (TOR) an SBNation blog
- Battle of Ontario (TOR)
- Bitter Leaf Fan (TOR)
- Diehard Blue & White (TOR)