Panthers weekend wrap: IIHF World Championship and Memorial Cup action
- Scott Clemmensen, USA: In relegation round action, Clemmer stopped 23 shots in forty minutes to combine with backup goaltender Ben Bishop (5 saves) for a memorable 10-0 blowout victory over Kazakhstan on Saturday. Matt Gilroy scored three goals while Brandon Dubinsky collected five points (1 goal). Sunday saw Clemmensen play a full sixty minutes (10 saves!) en route to a second shutout, this time a 4-0 win over France. Must've given him familiar warm fuzzies from his Devils days. Nick Foligno scored twice as Dubinsky again paced with three points (1 goal).
- Tomas Vokoun, CZE: Saturday's qualifying round saw T-Vo surrender 3 goals on 24 shots as Switzerland capped the Czech Republic, 3-2. Former NHLer Martin Gerber stopped 30 shots for the win.
- Dmitry Kulikov, RUS: Continuing to gain ice time on a stacked Russian club, Kuli had zero points, 1 SOG, and a -1 in 15:48 during Saturday's 3-2 victory over Germany. On Sunday Kulikov added a characteristically confounding 4 penalty minutes to his resume along with a +1 in Russia's 6-1 bashing of Denmark. Pavel Datsyuk scored four points (3 goals) in the victory.
- Jacob Markstrom, SWE: Allowed a pair on 21 shots but enough to seal the win for Sweden over Latvia by a total of 4-2 on Friday evening. Markstrom was back to the bench Sunday in favor of Jonas Gustavsson as the Swedes picked up another victory, 3-1 over assistant coach Peter DeBoer and Canada.
Mastercard Memorial Cup : Friday, May 14th - Windsor Spitfires 9, Brandon Wheat Kings 3
- C Scott Timmins (WND): 2g-1a-3p, +3
- D Colby Robak (BDN): 0p, -3
Sunday, May 16th - Brandon Wheat Kings 4, Moncton Wildcats 0
- D Robak (BDN): 0p, even/