On the Prowl: Panthers Sunday Links & Open Thread
Welcome to On the Prowl, a collection of links from the LBC staff published each Wednesday and Sunday to stories pertaining to the Florida Panthers, their affiliates, and the National Hockey League. Have at it after the jump...
- On the off-chance you missed the news, SB Nation now has a nifty (and free!) iPhone appplication. Give it a whirl here.
- A click over six weeks remain before the Cats' home opener in Sunrise, so quit being all individualistic and join the LBC collective for one way-kewl evening.
- Subtlety: not our strong suit.
Panthers and Affiliates News:
- Michigan State exhibits true pride in discussing former Spartans Mike Weaver and David Booth. MSU
- The captain of Florida's Ice Dancers squad preps for a new season. Sun-Sentinel
- The Panthers are less of a "disaster" than Philadelphia? We'll take it. Pegasus News
- Brian Campbell rounds out Kevin Allen's top ten "impact" players on new teams. USA Today
- A bit of insight to what Marcel Goc brought to the Nashville Predators before signing with Florida. On The Forecheck
- Uminski is understandably stoked that the Rampage are remaining close to home over the first month. MySanAntonio
- The Cyclones have gained another forward. ECHL
The NHL and Beyond:
- Former Panthers scout Jack Birch joins the Jets. Winnipeg Sun
- For the good of the league, be very afraid. Raw Charge
- Say hello to Buffalo's newly (re-)christened First Niagara Center. Die By The Blade
- Saskatoon Blades to usher in Era of the Chips? CBC
- A must-read for Coach DeBoer. ILWT
- 2010-11 rookie standout Logan Couture inks himself a new contract with San Jose. FTF
- More Sharks: "Picklesnake"? Battle Of Cali
- Telemetry from a classic Norris Division fight. Game Time
- Things are tough all over, and the CHL is no exception. Buzzing The Net
- Note to the Islanders: let your fans handle the uniform designs. Lighthouse Hockey
- Still no firm decision, but Teemu Selanne's potential return to the Ducks looks better as time marches on. OC Register
- More on Corsi and Quality of Competition for newbies. Matchsticks & Gasoline
- Difficult to sum up in a short sentence, so just read it. Canes Country
- Five players to avoid in fantasy circles in 2011-12. RLD
- Debating Pittsburgh's "breakout player" for the upcoming season. PensBurgh
- Dear National Hockey League: this is patently stupid. Love and hugs, Donny. NHL.com
- And finishing up a slow week, here's, um, this: