GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers vs Anaheim Ducks
Cats shoot for three in a row against expansion brethren
Panthers (11-5-5 27P) vs Ducks (10-10-2 22P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, Prime
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LetsGoDucks, #ANAvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Anaheim Calling
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 2
- LAST MEETING: @ANA 3, FLA 2 - (Recap) - 3/17/2019
- NEXT MEETING: February 19, 2020
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (8-4-4 .887/ 3.44 1SO) vs Gibson (7-10-0 .913/ 2.91 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Anaheim/
Anaheim was clubbed by Washington Monday night in their last contest for their sixth loss in the last seven games. The Ducks entered Wednesday sixth in the Pacific Division, three points behind Vegas for the final guaranteed playoff spot and nine back of Edmonton for the division lead. Anaheim is tied for 25th in goals for as they average 2.68 goals per game so far this season. The Ducks are currently tied for 12th in the league in goals against as they give up 2.91 goals per game. Anaheim is 30th in power play success as they have converted just 10.2 percent of their chances with the man advantage. The Ducks are 19th in the league in penalty killing as they have successfully worked through 79.2 percent of their shorthanded situations this year.
Florida won their second straight and their fourth in the last five games as they took care of business against Philadelphia. The Panthers entered Wednesday second in the Atlantic Division, four points behind Boston in the standings. Florida is tied for 2nd in the league in scoring as they average 3.62 goals per contest this season. The Panthers have had their issues defensively, ranking 26th by allowing 3.48 goals per contest. Florida is 4th in power play success as they convert 25.8 percent of their chances with the man advantage this season. The Panthers are 12th in penalty killing as they successfully navigate 83.3 percent of their shorthanded situations on the year.
Full preview at Winners and Whiners
Thursday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- -BUFFALO (10-8-3 23P) at BOSTON (13-3-5 31P) 7 p.m.
- -DETROIT (7-13-3 17P) at Columbus (8-8-4 20P) 7 p.m.
- TAMPA BAY (9-7-2 20P) at Chicago (9-8-4 22P) 8:30 p.m.
- TORONTO (9-8-4 22P) at Arizona (12-7-2 P) 9 p.m./
Idle: MON (27P), OTT (21P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats