GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers at Tampa Bay Lightning
2-0 Cats play first road game of the season against cross-state rival
Panthers (2-0-0 4P) at Lightning (2-1-0 4P)
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: AMALIE Arena, Tampa, FL
- ON THE TUBE: Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Sun
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #TimeToHunt, #GoBolts, #FLAvsTBL, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Raw Charge
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: First Meeting
- LAST MEETING: @FLA 4, TBL 0 - (Recap) 5/10/2021
- NEXT MEETING: November 13, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Knight vs Vasilevskiy (2-1-0 .890 / 3.25 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Tampa Bay/
Scouting Report (courtesy of Winners & Whiners)
The Florida Panthers will be going for their third consecutive win when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday night. The Panthers are coming off a 5-1 win over the New York Isalnders. The Lightning are coming off a 2-1 win over Washington. Tampa Bay is 5-4-1 in its last 10 games against Florida.
Florida is averaging five goals per game through their first two games. They scored five goals on 29 shots in their last game. Sam Bennett led the way for the Cats with a hat trick. Anthony Duclair scored a goal while Gustav Forsling had two assists. The Panthers have also played well defensively, giving up 2.5 goals per game. They gave up one goal in their last game and will need a similar effort if they want to win this game.
The Lightning bounced back from their season-opening loss to Pittsburgh by winning their last two games. They will try to keep the momentum going with a win over the Panthers, which will give them their third win in a row. Tampa Bay is averaging 3.67 goals per game. They scored two goals on 24 shots in their last game. Mikhail Sergachev and Steven Stamkos scored a goal apiece for the Lightning, while Erik Cernak and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare picked up an assist. Tampa Bay hasn’t been as good defensively, giving up 4.33 goals per game. They gave up one goal in their last game and will need another solid defensive effort if they want to get the win.
Tuesday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- Vancouver (1-1-1 3P) at BUFFALO (2-0-0 4P) 7 p.m.
- San Jose (1-0-0 2P) at MONTREAL (0-3-0 0P) 7 p.m.
- Columbus (2-0-0 2P) at DETROIT (1-0-1 3P) 7:30 p.m./
Idle: TOR (5P), OTT (4P), BOS (2P)
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats