Sunday Caterwaul: Florida Panthers & IIHF World Championship Open Forum
Surprising Switzerland looks to capture gold and close out the tournament undefeated against Jacob Markstrom and Sweden while Nick Bjugstad and Team USA look to vanquish Finland for the bronze.
Today's Medal Round Matches (IIHF Website and live scoring)
- Finland vs. USA (Bjugstad) 10:00 am
- Sweden (Markstrom) vs. Switzerland 2:30 pm
Saturday's Semifinal Round Results
- Sweden (Markstrom: DNP) over Finland, 3-0
- Switzerland over USA (Bjugstad: 0Pts -2 1SOG), 3-0
- Nick Bjugstad, F (USA): 9GP 2A 2Pts -2 9SOG
- Jacob Markstrom, G (SWE): 5GP 76SA 71SV 1.58 GAA 2-1-0
- Marcel Goc, F (GER): 7GP 4A 4Pts -4 14 SOG
- Tomas Fleischmann, F (CZE): 8GP 2G 2Pts even 18SOG
- Brian Campbell, D (CAN): 8GP 2A 2Pts +7 16SOG
- Tomas Kopecky, F (SVK): 8GP 2A 2Pts +2 14SOG
Tournament Stats Among Panthers Participants (through semifinal round)
And of course, feel free to discuss anything Panther-related, the Memorial Cup or NHL playoffs.