Wednesday's Florida Panthers Headlines
Another morning of non-game day highjinks and space-fillers. Hang in there, Cat fans...two more days to go!
- Who's your first-half MVP? Let the Sentinel know.
- Bad news for Peltonen...and the Cats.
- Did ya hear Peltonen's hurt?
- Panthers are scouting Leafs and Preds...hard.
- Meet Rochester defenseman and Cats' former first-rounder Keaton Ellerby
- Look who woke up...!
- Yet. Another. Power Ranking. This time from "Doc", and I don't mean Emrick.
- Wanna gamble with a Panther?
- The 2009 Ice Dancers Calendar is now available. Lamination extra. /
(updated 1.14.2009 at 4:15 AM EST)
- The visiting Allies Oilers snuck up on an unsuspecting Axis Capitals squad and handed them their papers, 5-2. In essence, Washington lost big to Edmonton. The Caps are now pointless in their last three.
- Host Ottawa was a 5-1 winner over Carolina, giving the Cats yet another game-in-hand. Suck it, Raleigh.
- Dan Boyle was held scoreless but most of his team wasn't as San Jose destroyed the Lightning 7-1. The Sharks can now honestly claim they've Seen Stamkos: he scored the lone Bolts goal on 11:41 of ice time. Where was he drafted again?/
THE RACE FOR EIGHTH...AND BEYOND
- The Penguins shocked the world - and Michel Therrien - with their play on Tuesday, kicking the host Flyers in the proverbial can, 4-2. An eight-game Philadelphia home winning streak was demolished, as were the Flyers' bragging rights from the most recent game against their cross-state rivals. Pittsburgh and Florida are now tied in points, though the Cats hold two games-in-hand. Thanks, Pens...all Florida needed was an angry bunch of Flyers on Friday.
TONIGHT IN THE SOUTHEAST
- Ottawa @ Atlanta, 7:30 pm. The Thrashers look to, well, win. Got nuthin'. Bird Watchers Anonymous
- Washington @ Pittsburgh, 7:30 pm. What once was the Game of the Century is now the Game of the Hour, as the Caps roll into Pittsburgh looking to make up points from last week. Who to pull for? Um, ummm...Ovie. PensBurgh, Japers' Rink/
AND KEEP AN EYE ON...
- Buffalo @ Chicago, 7:30 pm. The seventh-place Sabres attempt to add to their 47 points, looking to gain a few more inches between themselves and Florida's 46 points. Die by the Blade, Second City Hockey/