LBC GameDay Caterwaul: Boston Bruins at Florida Panthers
Cats return home following first road victory of 2016-17
Bruins (4-4-0 8P) vs Panthers (4-4-1 9P)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET - LBC GameThread right here at 7ish
- WHERE: BB&T Center - Sunrise, FLA
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, NESN, TVA
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM, 640 WMEN
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #NHLBruins, #BOSvsFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Stanley Cup of Chowder
- SB NATION: Game Hub
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 1 of 5 (0-0)
- ALL-TIME vs BOS (REG): 35W-39L-6T 3OTL 4SOL 218GF 249GA
- ALL-TIME vs BOS at FLA (REG): 16W-18L-2T 2OTL 4SOL 119GF 124GA
- LAST FIVE vs BOS (REG): 2-2-1 14GF 14GA
- LAST MEETING: FLA 4 at BOS 1 (Todd’s Recap) - 03/24/2016
- NEXT MEETING: 12/05/2016 at The BB&T
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Luongo (3-3-0 .910/2.33), Rask (4-0-0 .958/1.25)
- JAGR WATCH: All-time vs BOS (reg season): 81GP 33G-67A 100P +22 6GWG
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Boston/
Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron is questionable to play after he was injured after practice on Monday, coach Claude Julien said. Bergeron missed three games earlier this season because of a lower-body injury. He has one goal and 15 shots on goal in five games. "He's got some maintenance going on [Tuesday], and we'll have to probably make that decision [pregame]. It's not an old issue. It's a new one," Julien told the Bruins website. "It happened after practice, not during practice. It's not a practice injury." If Bergeron is unable to play, center Sean Kuraly will make his NHL debut. (more)
After getting just two points during their just-completed four-game road trip, the Panthers (4-4-1) will play host to the Boston Bruins (4-4-0) on Tuesday night at the BB&T Center.
The Panthers salvaged their road trip by beating the Detroit Red Wings 5-2 on Sunday thanks in part to a hat trick by Florida newcomer Colton Sceviour.
"That was a real big win for us," Panthers coach Gerard Gallant told the assembled media. "We needed that one."
The Bruins, who are the Panthers' rivals in the Atlantic Division, have been off since beating the Red Wings 1-0 on Saturday.
Boston goalie Tuukka Rask, who had missed three straight games -- all losses and by a combined score of 14-4 -- because of an undisclosed injury that is believed to be a hamstring issue, came back and posted the shutout, stopping 24 shots.
For the season, Rask has a brilliant 1.25 goals-against average and a .958 saves percentage. And Rask, who has all four of Boston's wins this season, was even better against the Red Wings. (more)
Last game for the Cats: Sceviour outscored the Wings 5-2 in Detroit Sunday. Past five: 2-3-0 (streak: 1W)
Last game for the Broons: 1-0 home victory vs Detroit Saturday. Past five: 2-3-0 (streak: 1W)
Tuesday in the Atlantic Division (Standings / Panthers Playoff Chances):
- TAMPA BAY (5-4-0 10P) at NY Islanders (4-5-0 8P), 7:30
- Carolina (2-4-2 6P) at OTTAWA (5-3-0 10P), 7:30
- Edmonton (7-2-0 14P) at TORONTO (2-4-3 7P), 7:30
- BUFFALO (3-3-2 8P) at Winnipeg (4-5-0 8P), 8:00
- Idle: MON (17P), DET (12P)/
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the TweetsA Twitter List by LitterBoxCats